As the gift season is upon us again, I thought it would be a timely moment to mention a few top new and classic outdoor and adventure books for the reader in your life, or indeed for you.
Outdoor & Adventure Books
(In alphabetical order)
- Walking Home: Travels with a troubadour on the Pennine Way by Simon Armitage
- Blind Descent: Surviving alone and blind on Mount Everest by Brian Dickinson.
- The Last Englishman: A 2,650 mile hiking adventure on the Pacific Crest Trail by Keith Foskett
- Balancing on Blue by Keith Foskett
- Into Thin Air: An account of the Everest disaster by Jon Krakauer
- Mountains of the Mind by Robert MacFarlane
- The Lost Words by Robert MacFarlane
- Ramble On: The story of our love for walking in Great Britain by Sinclair McKay
- Touching the Void by Joe Simpson
- Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found by Cheryl Strayed
- Rattlesnakes and Bald Eagles: Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail by Chris Townsend
- Out There by Chris Townsend